Service is necessary for even the most well-maintained air-conditioning systems. Without it, they’ll have difficulty operating, which will lead to decreased energy efficiency and a shorter product lifespan. HVAC systems are quite complicated in their operation.
Many of their electrical and mechanical components can wear out, lose efficiency or break if they aren’t properly serviced. With a well-maintained unit, you’ll be able to save money while providing your family with a secure and healthy living environment.
Maintaining a well-functioning system will also help keep the air in your home as clean as possible. Your air conditioning unit should be checked, serviced, and cleaned once a year, even if you don’t suspect any problems. Heath Mechanical Services is well trained in AC replacement in Cheltenham, PA and knows this is the best course of action to keep your home cool during the hot months of summer.
1. The Right Time To Get Your HVAC Serviced
If you have multiple HVAC systems in your home, the best time to get them serviced depends on your system type. The most convenient time to schedule your HVAC unit repair service is before you need it.
When you schedule maintenance it is important to remember that the best time to prepare your heating system for winter is during the fall. In contrast, spring is the ideal time to schedule cooling system maintenance. At the very least, you should have your HVAC system checked out once a year by a professional.
If you have central heating or air conditioning, you should have it serviced once a year. During an AC installation in Cheltenham, PA, your technician should thoroughly inspect your heating unit or air conditioner. They may also check your filters and vents for damage or dirt; if repairs are needed, the technician should tell you.
2. HVAC Maintenance Checklist
A skilled HVAC technician can complete all necessary processes in a few hours. They will go through a list of maintenance tasks. A licensed expert should perform the following tasks as part of regular air conditioner maintenance:
- HVAC specialists will lubricate your system’s components to ensure they run as efficiently as possible.
- In the spring and fall, when ACs aren’t running as regularly, mold and filth can develop up quickly in the condensate drain, which is cleaned during service.
- We will also measure the flow of electricity and air. During services such as AC replacement in Cheltenham, PA, an expert will let you know if anything is wrong.
- HVAC technicians clean fan motors and condensers during routine maintenance. Additional charges or diagnostics are required if the system needs to be disassembled due to excessive buildup.
- Your AC specialist will also check the accuracy and communication of your thermostat.
- Ductwork is inspected to ensure that no seals have fallen and holes have not appeared.
- To ensure that the air conditioner is working properly, the technician will thoroughly examine the unit’s airflow.
Get In Touch With Us
Make an appointment with Heath Mechanical Services immediately to review your HVAC upkeep requirements and determine the best course of action. AC installation in Cheltenham, PA, is our specialty, and we’ll ensure that yours runs at peak efficiency. Call us (215) 379-2197 today for further information.